Weddings are all about personalization. And we find that many of the men out there already own their own tuxedo. That's great! If you want to wear your own tuxedo in yours or your friend's wedding, here are some must-do tips for success:
– Check with the groom first to make sure that this is OK! He may already have a look in mind, and if so you should go with his decision.
– Coordinate your accessories with the group for a polished look.
– If you are the groom, you might be able get away with a slightly different style. However, if you're not the groom, your tuxedo style should not be radically different from the rest of the wedding party. No mandarin collars if everyone else is in a notch collar!
– If you are bringing your own accessories (tie, bowtie, vest, etc.) don't forget to pack them in your wedding kit.
– Consider renting or buying the same accessories and shirts for the group for a coordinated look (and also to make sure everyone has them!)
– Don't forget to pack dark socks and the shoes that go with your tux.
Hope you find these tuxedo tips helpful! Next up we'll talk a little bit about ivory vs. white in the wedding colors.