The mission of the Portland Wedding Coordinator blog is to provide original content that echoes the philosophy of EJP Events when planning a Portland or Pacific Northwest wedding. We believe in authenticity, finding value, creating the “wow”, and in making guests happy. We believe in keeping stress off the wedding couple, wedding party, hosts/family and everyone in general when planning a wedding. We believe that there doesn’t have to be a bunch of drama when planning a wedding, and that logic and common sense can go hand in hand with creativity and artistry. We believe that beautiful experiences don’t have to be overly lavish or wasteful. We believe that there is an important cultural place for the life landmark that is a wedding, and it can be a lovely jumping-off point and statement for everything that is to come for a married couple. If you agree with our beliefs, and you want your wedding experience to be well-thought-out and mindfully planned, then welcome to our community of readers!
With these points in mind, we plan to:
- bring you practical advice that will help make planning a wedding easy
- reveal planning tips and secrets that most people don’t consider
- bring the idea of a wedding into perspective
- break down myths and outdated etiquette to help the modern couple
- share special touches and ideas that can make your Portland or Pacific Northwest wedding special, or which can bring a touch of Portland to your wedding
- report content that represents an intelligent balance between the impractical “Wedding Porn” and the extremely-dry “bridal education” of other wedding blogs
- offer advice for getting the most value out of your wedding
- discuss ideas that emphasize quality, value, and great service
Some things we WON’T try to do:
- Regurgitate content from other blogs and twitter just to have something to post every day. Writing original content takes time, and so does running a business.
- Fawn over celebrity weddings for no reason. Especially those individuals whose celebrated status is, well, questionable. However, if a wedding is stylish and fits in with our ethos, we won’t overlook it just because it’s also Page Six-worthy!
- Blindly follow trends and traditions without examining the motivation or history behind them
- Make you feel bad or left out for not buying the latest, greatest wedding gadget or product or add-on.
- Finally, we’ll never pump up a product for pay. Product or vendor reviews on our site will occur independently, without compensation or kickbacks.
Additional site policies: Any items given to us as free samples for review will be disclosed according to the standards of the Federal Trade Commission. We regret we cannot respond to every request for a product review, and items sent to us for review will not be returned unless otherwise arranged for. Should we receive sponsored news or accept advertising, it will clearly marked (for example, our sidebar ads from SixApart and Adify). We reserve the right to attach our affiliate information to any links; however, doing so does not influence what kind of review the product receives.
Please note that the author of all posts and tweets appearing on this site is Emee Pumarega, unless otherwise noted. Co-written and co-edited posts by Lauren Gilbertson are appended with “-LG”. All content originating here is copyright © EJP Events and may not be reproduced without express permission by the site owner. Photography on this site and blog remains the copyright of the original photographer and is believed to be used with the photographer’s permission. If you believe your photo or content appearing on The Portland Wedding Coordinator is in violation of copyright, please notify email@example.com and it will be removed immediately.
We reserve the right to moderate, edit, or delete comments at our discretion, without any notification to the commenter.