We have an Event Planner Job Posting to share with you! EJP Events LLC is a Portland, Oregon-based event planning company holding the core value that True Hospitality Welcomes Everyone. We work all over the US and internationally, supporting individuals and organizations so they can be excellent hosts of their important milestone events.
Our Associate Event Coordinator(s) will join a distributed team of three, and be responsible for a broad range of event planning support activities with both office (computer-based) and on-site event work. “Office” work will be flexible, within regular business hours, and work-from-home compatible after a reasonable training period. On-site event work will require specific mandatory work hours and locations with occasional travel. Primary tasks will include: data & resource library coordination; vendor follow-up; maintain/develop vendor relationships; event documentation; transcribing and organizing event notes after client and vendor meetings; internet research; on-site event support and coordination; and errands. The AEC is required to attend 1 weekly in-person staff meeting in Portland at minimum, and additional weekly meetings during training until their remote schedule is established.
Pay and benefits: Base hourly rate $15-$18/hr DOE, W-2 position. (Not a contractor). A commission program of up to 15% of net sales in addition to the above compensation is available to sales-trained accepted candidates. Plus $100/mo Employee Convenience Reimbursement to reimburse for the use of personal devices and travel to the in-person office.
Time requirement: 20 hours/wk, with opportunity for growth to full-time position as well as hourly rate increase and project-based bonuses for the right candidates. This position will be customized to fit the experience level of the accepted candidate(s).
Required Qualities, Skills, & Experience:
• relationship focused and results oriented
• calm and professional under pressure
• approachable and confident
• attendance: dependable, reliable and punctual
• honest and ethical
• respectful of client, vendor, and company confidentiality
• highly organized and detail oriented
• proactive and persistent
• robust internet research skills
• professional verbal and written communication skills
• evening & weekend availability (scheduled in advance)
• MS Office Suite, G Suite/Google Apps, email
• High School Diploma or GED
• minimum 1-5 years of related or applicable work history
• valid DL & insurable driving record
• able to walk and stand for long periods of time
• able to lift and move up to 25 lbs. comfortably
• Experience with Honeybook, Asana, and/or Timeline Genius event planning software
• experience in an intensive customer service environment
• bachelor’s degree
• data management experience
• hospitality industry experience
• Spanish proficiency or fluency
• Knowledge of additional software related to event planning, project management, or creative business management (please list any event planning software types you are proficient in, in your resume or cover letter)
How to Apply to this Event Planner Job Posting: Send a cover email of interest with your resume as a PDF attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please use email Subject: AEC 2022 APPLICANT: (your last name)
Please include a description of your regular weekly availability in your cover email. Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ candidates are encouraged to apply. Candidates requesting accommodations to the above required skills, qualities, and experience are asked to include a description in their cover letter.
EJP Events is a 100% non-smoking company; smoking or vaping of any kind is prohibited at all office locations and at events. Please read more about EJP Events at our website: https://ejpevents.com/about-us/